Why Work With Us?
Common Conditions We Work With:
Tyler is our mental health counselor (tLMHC) here at Mend. Tyler received his M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Capella University. Tyler also received his B.S. in Religion-Christian Counseling from Liberty University. He has experience working with children, adolescents, and adults in various settings. Tyler is currently accepting clients ages 12+ or families with all ages. Alongside traditional counseling, Tyler is also accepting clients for Christian/Biblical counseling. His philosophy of counseling is a root-cause approach that seeks to help clients find the “why.” His goal is to achieve lasting results that will help his clients better adapt to the anxieties and trials of life. Tyler is a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors and the American Counseling Association.
(15 - 30 minutes)
This initial consultation serves as an orientation to the services provided, getting to know the provider, familiarize with the counseling process, and screen for different levels of care. This can be done over the phone or in person. All new clients must finish the initial consultation before your intake session.
Adult & Adolescent
Adults ages 18+
Adolescents Ages 12-18
This 90-minute intake is used to thoroughly evaluate functioning in all realms of life, including: physical, emotional mental, occupational, social, spiritual, etc. The goal is to identify the right treatment goals and interventions to help reach optimal wellness.
Follow-up Counseling Session
Once the intake process is finished, each follow-up session will last 50 minutes, unless otherwise determined in your specific treatment plan. Discounted rates may be available if you pay upfront for your entire recommended treatment plan.
Initial & Follow-ups
AVAILABLE FOR IOWA RESIDENTS ONLY at this time. Telehealth is ideal for those who live far from our office or for those who prefer to stay at home.
We do not accept or bill insurance. All payments must be made at the time of service. If desired, we will provide you a superbill that can be used to seek reimbursement from your insurance company, health share, flex account, or HSA. We’ve partnered with Reimbursify to make this easy for you!
Why choose counseling at Mend?
- Drug free approaches & holistic modalities supported and often recommended as a compliment to care.
- Individualized & personalized care – no textbook protocols or one-size fits all approach
- Opportunity for Christian counseling if it aligns with your preference
- Option to include a basic bloodwork assessment to ensure nutrient deficiencies are not contributing to symptoms (hello vitamin D, b12, magnesium!) [*please note* this is not a replacement for regular medical care and is not a functional medicine comprehensive evaluation]
- Option to add neurofeedback to counseling sessions
- No judgements… ever!
- A care team that truly cares about you!